Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sail On, Sailor



Went out to clean our swimming pool after a BIG dusty overnight windstorm, and found this little guy adrift and clinging to an inflatable raft in the middle of the pool.

Not sure if he was blown into the pool, and managed to crawl up onto the raft?








Doesn't seem like he would be there by choice...



I carefully maneuvered the raft over to the edge of the pool, so I could move him to a safer location.

As I put my hands out to pick him up, he looked right at me, reared up on his back legs and pulled his front legs tight against his upper body.

If I were 2 inches tall, that would have been pretty intimidating...




He eventually calmed down and stepped into my hand, so I could relocate him to our nearby flower garden.

He'll be a lot happier there.
:-)










"I sailed an ocean, unsettled ocean
Through restful waters and deep commotion
Often frightened, unenlightened
Sail on, sail on sailor."

Lyrics from "Sail On, Sailor", written by Brian Wilson, Ray Kennedy, Tandyn Almer, Jack Rieley and Van Dyke Parks. From the Beach Boys album "Holland" (1973)


No comments:

Post a Comment