Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"...Walk into My Parlor..."





It's almost Halloween.


In the spirit of the holiday, here are some cool pics of a spider living in our yard.



The markings on its abdomen are just beautiful.



He lives in our Milpa Garden.

The web was strung between the dried cornstalks.

He was eating a honeybee when we found him.



ANOTHER reason to not use pesticides...







"Will you walk into my parlor?" said the Spider to the Fly.
"'Tis the prettiest little parlor that ever you did spy.
The way into my parlor is up a winding stair,
And I've many curious things to show when you are there."

"Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair can ne'er come down again..."

~ Mary Howitt, English Poet  (1799-1888)
from her poem "The Spider and the Fly"




No comments:

Post a Comment